Well chums it’s that time of the year again when we discover who is “Mastermind” and who needs to stick in more and do some revision. As an incentive, there will of course be prizes.
And by way of assistance click here to begin. It doesn’t mean you will find the answers, but it’s a starting point for you and gives beginners to the ways of marvellousness an opportunity to see what they have missed all of their lives.
Who will be top of the class this year?
1. Why should you never arrive early to a party according to the rules of marvellousness laid down by Muriel?
2. The first ever Country House Concert at Lady Pentland-Firth’s estate took place on Twelfth Night. Why was it so important that this was a success, and how did Muriel ensure that it got good reviews?
3. At the end of January Sebastian and Dimitri got into trouble over some brass rubbings in the Necropolis. Who got them out of prison and why was it so important for Sebastian to leave Scotland in February?
4. In March, Mrs Travers was persuaded to get involved in a rather unusual activity – what was it, who persuaded her and why?
5. Why did Muriel transgress during Lent?
6. In April 2017, Sebastian was asked to open an exhibition in Glasgow. Who curated this exhibition, where was it held, what was it about and how did Muriel feature in this exhibition? Bonus question – why was Sebastian so upset by the Lord Provost of Glasgow?
7. Who is Claire Voyant and how did she get mixed up with Lord Pentland-Firth?
8. Why does Jasper carry a clothes peg with him in the summer?
9. At the end of June on Route 7 there was a tragic bus crash in Oxford Street, London. Who was one of the casualities?
10. In August, the elderly Sebastian revealed some interesting information about a trip to Liverpool made by Muriel and Jasper in that same month 60 years ago. Who did Muriel meet at a church fete there and how did it effect the future development of British culture?
11. How did Muriel and Lady Pentland-Firth ensure Bunty Haystack did not “spill the beans”?
12. What apparently happened to Hilda at Hallowe’en, how did Mrs T get involved and why did the Handsome Stranger appear on the scene?
So there you have it. You now have until 3rd January to get your answers in – please email them to the lovely Jackie, Secretary to Muriel and Jasper at email@example.com
The answers will be published on 8th January along with the names of the winners. Inventive answers are always interesting but of course Muriel and Jasper’s decision is final.